Ten new Industry Advisory Groups (IAGs) have been established as part of the Industry Engagement Framework covering industries ranging from construction and health, to resources and manufacturing.
The groups consist of representatives of industry, unions and employers and meet four times a year.
IAGs provide advice to the VSC on matters including skill demand pressures and future industry skills needs.
IAGs serve as an important reference for the VSC, providing industry intelligence around priority growth sectors as well as existing industries. The groups play a formal role in informing the VSC with workforce training needs as part of the Government’s funded training system.
The full list of IAGs:
- Construction including Construction Technologies and Civil Construction;
- Resources, Forestry, Paper and Pulp;
- Business Services, Financial Services, Professional Services, Property Services, Education (including International Education), IT, Printing and Graphic Arts, Cultural and related industries;
- Primary industries including Agriculture and Rural Production, Food and Fibre, Horticulture, Animal Care and Management, Racing, Conservation and Land Management, and Seafood and Aquaculture;
- Manufacturing, Engineering and Automotive (including Aerospace, Medical Technology, Pharmaceuticals, Transport Technology, Defence Technology, Furnishing, Textiles, Clothing and Footwear);
- Electro technology, Electricity Generation and Supply, Gas Supply and New Energy Technology;
- Transport and Logistics including Aviation, Road Transport, Rail, Maritime, Ports and Warehousing;
- Community Services and Health Services;
- Services (including Retail, Tourism, Travel, Personal Services, Sport, Fitness and Recreation)
- Public Safety, Public Sector, Corrections, Water and Local Government.
Bold text represents the Government’s priority sectors.